Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Oceans Rise

Image: Jim Lukach via Wylio
Blue-gray skies--
Beneath, the paling water
Reflects your eyes.
The girl I was before would've
Asked you why.
But now I let you fall apart.


Moonlit blinds--
Your pillow's empty while I
Dream of Fire
I'm running quickly, but I
Said goodbye,
And now I think
I've lost my way.


Sometimes things,
They burn inside you. Never
Told you why
I ran so quickly to the
Churning tide,
But violence sometimes feels like home.


Oceans rise--
It fills the empty, but I'm
Numb inside.
I miss your laughter, miss your
Simple smiles.
I was my best
When I had you.


Blink my eyes.
Are you a ghost? Your clothes,
They smell of fire.
I breathe the smoke, I swear
I thought you'd died
When it was me who felt the burn.


Years, they fly.
You look the same as when I
Said goodbye.
Those years alone when oceans
Watched me cry.
But now, your hand,
It feels like home.

Copyright 2016 by Ashley Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr